Eating Paste

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Dreamed a Dream

As a child I had recurring nightmares about my brother getting squished by dinosaurs when we got stuck in the Land of the Lost. (For those of you who weren't even conceived then, this was a TV show in the mid 70's). Though I haven't had any really scary dreams for some time now, I do have my share.

Several months ago I had a dream in which I was trying to escape from a bunch of alligators in my parents' basement. In a futile attempt to escape, I jumped from the counter to the top bunkbed. While in the air, I looked down to see the biggest of the alligators snap at me. At that exact moment, my wife rolled over in bed and kicked me. Then she screamed and went back to sleep. I almost needed new sheets.

What's the weirdest dream you've had?

3 Comments:

  • The recurring mice dream that I had as a kid. I dreamed that hundreds of mice were coming up from under my bed between the wall and the bed. The only thing that would make the dream stop was to think about a large safety pin.




    Well, you did ask for weird, right?

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 11:04 PM  

  • Jenny's part alligator. She was in on it.

    By Blogger Milla, at 5:23 PM  

  • That was weird. How did the safety pin help? Did you use it as a weapon or did you put tiny diapers on the mice?

    Jenny did a little research on dreams and found that your siblings often appear in your dreams as rodents. Shortly after reading that, she had a dream that her sister called. When she looked on the caller ID, it said "Rat."

    Not long after that dream, Jenny mentioned that "Rat" needed to check with her husband on something. I misunderstood and thought she said "Chucky" instead of "check with." We've called them Rat and Chucky ever since.

    :-p

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home