Eating Paste

Friday, January 06, 2006

Tagged

Okay, so my sister tagged me to tell you five things about me that no one knows (or at least, not many of you).

1. Some of my friends call me "Mr. June" because I once appeared in Mormonad.
2. I fell through the top of a light table in a photography class in High School. My teacher asked me in front of a room full of students if I needed to go to the bathroom to check for "glass in my butt."
3. I took clogging lessons as a kid--some scarring lasts forever.
4. When I was little, I followed the icecream truck with some friends and ended up miles from home. I had to call for someone to come get me because I was too scared to try to make it across State Street on my own.
5. I was hit by a car once while riding the neighbor's Tote-Goat. I was really banged up and could hardly walk for 2-3 days--I wore long pants for two weeks (in the summer) to hide the huge scrapes and bruises from my parents. I've had problems with my knee ever since.
6. (Bonus) I also had to wear that nasty headgear that straps on over your head like butt-hugger underwear. I was nicknamed "Deer Butt" by a bully in my class and had to carry the shame for an entire year.
7. (Bonus) I was in a fight with the state Lightweight Boxing Champ who attended my high school--he thought I keyed his white-trash Camaro. I never took a swing, but he left me with some permanent hearing damage in my right ear.

Go ahead, let the taunting begin.

14 Comments:

  • Okay, I knew about numbers 3, 4, and 6, but I'm shocked and apalled that I, your older sister, didn't know about the rest. Let me amend that: I knew you were in a Mormonad, but I didn't know about the nickname. So was that the Burton's Tote-Goat?

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 9:35 PM  

  • Yes, the one that David eventually wrecked trying to jump the ditch in their front yard.

    Well, it's hard to list things that you don't know about--you have too much dirt on me. Like the time I was watching a piece of toast in the toaster--when it popped out, I smacked my head on the cabinet above the counter.

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 1:32 PM  

  • That was such a classic experience! I've tried to tell Phil about it, but it's one of those "you just had to be there" stories. I think Kim was in on that one too, wasn't he?

    At least you did't mention me attacking you with my "claws." Or the time when you fell out of the top bunk in the middle of the night. Or ....

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 10:01 PM  

  • Har har har...Barbie.

    Yes, Kim can confirm my love of toast. But I can remember when he and I melted a hole through the counter downstairs with a 3,000 watt lightbulb.

    Dun dun...dun dun dun dun...

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 10:04 AM  

  • Remember that really bright light Mom had by the sewing machine for a while? Kerry pushed me into that once when I was sitting on Mom's lap. It was turned on, and I heard it sizzle into my neck. It still gives me the chills to remember that. It took weeks to heal.

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 3:50 PM  

  • Ok, first of all it was not a 300 watt bulb...I think it was of the standard 60 or 75 watt variety. Secondly, who was the white trash punk that thought you scratched his Camaro? I would have gone down and done something about that for you. Lastly, I can't eat toast without cracking up. Oh, and I never knew about the car accident. Cool! 3 scars and you are a man!

    By Blogger NiHao, at 3:23 PM  

  • Sorry to bust in on the sibling rivalry, but I couldn't help but say first, "I'm so sorry" and then ask, "What in the world is a Tote-Goat?"

    I also can't help but comment on that "3 scars and you're a man" statement. I'm just wondering where that leaves me with my many. And do stretch marks count?

    By Blogger dalene, at 9:17 AM  

  • Of course stretch marks count. Lessel knows all about those, right Lessel? And you haven't seen a real scar until you've seen a stretch mark that has been marred by a C-section scar. Ewww!

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 9:47 PM  

  • [Shudder] Yeah, like I want to see that.

    Compulsive, a Tote-Goat is a tiny motorcycle powered by a lawn mower engine. They don't have a high top speed, but you can really get up and move if you get a car to push you. :-)

    I'm not sure stretch marks and scars count if they come from giving birth--that doesn't exactly "make you a man." Most men would die from the trauma--women are tough.

    I seem to remember some nice burns on my arm from a sister of mine that whacked me with a curling iron...hmmm.

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 9:08 PM  

  • I NEVER whacked you with a curling iron!!! THAT I would remember. And THAT I would never do. Scratch your face with my fingernails I would do--and did--but never hit you with a hot curling iron. Mom left hers plugged in once and Alex grabbed it, thinking it was cold. He got burned pretty bad on his palm. Maybe you did the same thing?

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 9:58 PM  

  • Uh huh...just like Kim never snipped my ear with a pair of scissors.

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 10:45 PM  

  • Kim, are you going to let him get away with saying that?

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 10:06 AM  

  • Ewwww! Time to turn on your word verification to get rid of spammers, brother dear.

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 5:19 PM  

  • You probably didn't whack him with the curling iron, sometimes Klay "remembers" things that never happened.

    By Blogger NiHao, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home