Eating Paste

Friday, October 13, 2006

Go Ask Your Mother?

Did you ever ask your parents a question that made them really embarrassed or uncomfortable? I got this blog idea from a comment someone left on my sister's blog.

When I was about 8 or 9, I remember watching TV one Sunday night with my family. For whatever reason, a commercial came over the air advertising, you guessed, tampons. Not knowing anything at all about that sort of thing, I posed the question to my father who was seated in a recliner behind me (on the floor).

"Dad? What's a tampon?"

I'd never heard my father fake snore so loudly in my life.

What bizarre questions did you ask your parents when you were a kid? Any takers?

4 Comments:

  • Ooooohhh... I have one! I have one! But I can't post it. I'll whisper it to you in the middle of Sacrement Meeting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

  • How about quoting the line from Ghostbuster about the man named Dick Less? Dad was none too happy about that one. Apparently, he didn't want to explain to me why.

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 1:14 PM  

  • I remember that. I think it followed a plea to see the movie--"But Dad, it's so funny! There's this line that goes...."

    No wonder you didn't get to see it. :-)

    By Blogger Lessel Peeper, at 1:36 PM  

  • Oh, I still saw it. Just not with Dad.

    By Blogger Sister Pottymouth, at 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home